My inspiration came from Urban Darling's Workplace Wednesdays look on their Facebook page. I love all the pieces in their set and how they used the color of the year, orange, and mixed it with charcoal blue hues. I want to show how versatile each piece is and how each piece can be incorporated into you weekend look. You can't go wrong with pieces that can do double duty. When purchasing pieces pay close attention to its versatility. Ask your self will you be able to wear the items with 2-3 items you already own? I hope this was insightful.
Much Love & Fashion Fun.
ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I love high heels. I always thought the higher the better until I recently went shopping for shoes for my friends bridal shower. Well now designers are making them higher and higher and higher. Pretty soon a woman who is 5' will be able to look like she is 5'8". Yeah this is great for the shorter woman. But for the taller woman it appears to be a sad story. As a tall woman (5'11" and proud of it) I wear high heels all the time. Sometimes as high as 4"- 4 1/2". I can get away with it because 1) my husband is 6'5" and 2) I've been wearing heels since I was a teenager so family and friends are use to seeing me at 6'1" - 6'4". But with the many (cute) styles coming out this season I'm not sure if I will be able to find heels as easily anymore. "The higher the better" started with the hidden platform trend. The hidden platform was a blessing to my feet. However designers are adding a higher heel to the comfy platform which is making it harder for (confident) tall women to find heels. What is your thoughts on this trend? Much Love & Fashion Fun.
I am in love with this look from Daily Look. All the pieces are so simple yet the pops of color brings it up a notch. I would wear the skinny jeans with flats that have a touch of all the colors to add a cool causal vibe. This is a great look for chillin' and running errands with my hubby. Each piece is under $36.00. Much Love & Fashion Fun.
One of my best friends loves Paris and all things French. She inspired me to create this mix of elements that are French(at lest to me). I love the black & white mixed with the soft & hot pinks. My element... the woman with the black glasses, very chic. What inspires you? Is it a color, a song, a smell, or a memory? Much Love & Fashion Fun.
Roberto Cavalli's new Spring/Summer 2012 ad campaign is beautiful. Naomi Campbell looks great. You know I LOVE big hair but looking at her long straight chestnut hair makes me want to try a new look. I really commend Cavalli for using Naomi in the fore front of his campaign. The clothes are gorgeous. I'm in love with the ivory blazer and handbag. My guesstimate is they are well over $1,000 for each piece. I will have to find a cheaper alternative of course. Much Love & Fashion Fun.
One of the best lessons my mother has ever taught me is the lesson on having a good eye for great deals. Because of this I love to shop at yard sales, garage sales, and "vintage boutiques". I don't have to tell you the old saying but I will anyways (lol), "One mans junk is another mans treasure". I know some of you have fears of buying used items especially if you have a germ phob. But don't worry I will help you ease your pain of shopping "second hand". I hope these quick tips will open you up to the new possibilities of shopping (if this is your first time) and to help re-freshen veterans. Much Love & Fashion Fun.
1) WAKE UP EARLY-The earlier you get out the house the better items you will get. I try (notice how I said try) to get out and in my car driving by 6 am. This is when all the good stuff is out, especially the big ticket items like t.v.'s furniture, clothing. Seller's are harder to bargain with in the wee hours of the morning. If you want a better deal go later in the morning.
2) BE NICE-It's hard to believe but some shoppers and sellers can be rude. I'm not sure if its the lack of sleep, the missing cup of coffee, or just a plain bad attitude. Walk up with a smile on your face and say hello. A little goes a long way & you might even get your item for the price you want to pay.
3) MAKE SURE TO HAVE ENOUGH CASH & GAS-Make sure your tank is at a good level depending where your driving to. Set a budget of what you want to spend and then make sure you have enough small bills and change. Please don't negotiate a price down to $2 and pay with a $20. Plus the seller may not have enough to break your large bill. Bring extra cash if your looking for big ticket items.
4) DRESS ACCORDINGLY-Comfy jeans, close toe shoes, and layered tees with a jacket/sweater is ideal. You want to be comfortable hoping in and out of the car quickly, bending over picking up things, and carrying items to your car. Also leave your overlarge fashionable bag at home. I like wearing my small messenger bag so I can cross it over my body and have my hands free while shopping.
5) BRING YOUR OWN BAGS AND BOXES-IKEA! IKEA! IKEA! I always bring my big blue bags from Ikea when shopping at yard sales. I can hold almost everything I purchase (non-breakable of course) in one-two bags. If you don't have these bags bring along recycle bags that have sturdy handles. A large box is good too for storing items such as vases or wine glasses.
6) ON TO THE NEXT.... QUICKLY-If you don't see what you are looking for or anything that looks good within the first 5 minutes LEAVE! So many times I go to a sale and look at everything for 10-20 minutes just to realize there isn't anything I want there. Try to be as quick as possible, you're wasting precious time. The next sale might have items your more interested in.
7) ITS CLEANING TIME-Sanitize everything! Clothes, dish-wear, electronics, jewelry, etc. Depending on the item you can use hot water, bleach or vinegar to clean items. Find the method that works best for you and that your comfortable with.
*Bring spare batteries if you are looking for electronics.
*Bring hand sanitizer for in between sales.
*Bring water with you and a few snacks just in case your shopping trip last longer than expected
*If buying furniture measure spaces where items will be placed. Bring your measuring tape.
*Have old blankets/towels in your vehicle so your interior wont get dirty/scratched. Don't forget the rope.
*Don't be afraid to ask for a lower price. My tip-if an item is $10 but I want to pay no more than $7 I ask the seller if I can purchase it for $5. They will most likely say no but offer $8. Then I will offer $6. Then they will offer $7. Smile and say thank you.
My mother always had the gift of finding something that looked like nothing and then turned it into something beautiful.
What do you think of this photo? Do you think Beyonce's skin looks too light? That was the controversy over this photo. Could it have been that the photographer provided too much lighting on her upper half and if so should he had provided that much lighting? What's your thoughts and opinions? Much Love & Fashion Fun.
I love this keyhole red shirt. It can dress up any bottom you might have on hand. This beautiful red shirt can be worn out on a first date with your favorite jeans for a sexy-causal feel. Add bright red pumps to take it up a notch. Or you can make this shirt super sexy with a sparkly skirt and velvet ankle strap pumps. Make eyes smokey and lips kissable to top off both looks. Happy Valentine's Day. All pieces are under $50. Enjoy!
I've really been feeling polka dots, especially this dress in cream and black. Stylelittle from polyvore created this set. The dress can be worn in a flirty way yet with the right pieces it can be work appropriate. Not a big fan of the wedge bootie but I love how the bright teal bag brings color to this look. Much Love & Fashion Fun.
I haven't been craving sweets recently, one of the many benefits of fasting. And anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE sweets, especially chocolate. But since I've been on a quest to lose weight (2012-The Year of the Baby) I'm trying to find other alternatives to sooth my sweet tooth. My husband and I recently seen a desert recipe that involved fresh fruit and yogurt. We tried our own version and it was soooo good I wanted to share it with you.
You only need four ingredients, many of which you probably already have.
Start off with 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt and 1 table spoon honey. Mix both together. I mixed according to taste. Put berries in a (pretty) glass/bowl and then layer with the yogurt mix. I did two layers. You can substitute the fruit for whatever your heart desires. Eat immediately or chill in the fridge for later. I hope this will satisfy your sweet tooth like it did mine. Total cost of this decadent desert $5-8 (depending on where you buy the ingredients). Enjoy!
The white tee & jeans doesn't have to be boring. For a causal outing add some personality to your look by adding a cognac colored bag, gold hoops and a hat. For a dressier feel add heels and a bright color blazer. Gold hoops and cuff will always add elegance to the look. Both looks are clean and fresh. You can always add more to each look such as belts, necklaces, bigger earrings, etc. Much Love & Fashion Fun.
I love this dress. This is the type of dress you can get mileage out of. It can be worn to work, out to dinner, to church, and to brunch. The colors and fabric will make you looked pulled together even when it's dressed down. Look for a versatile dress like this to add to your wardrobe. Go for the best quality you can afford. This dress is only $48 from Topshop. This would be a great Friday look that can carry you from the office to dinner with friends. Tell me your thoughts and opinions. Much Love & Fashion Fun.
I recently was looking through my closet for something to wear. I soon realized a lot of my core basics have diminished. My blazers are out dated, my jeans need repairing, and I no longer have a LBD. I have put together a list of items I feel all women should always have on hand, the basics. These items will carry you through. You can always add the trend of the moment to your basic pieces to give yourself a new look. I will go into detail about that soon. All items I have listed are under $50. Much Love & Fashion Fun.