Feb 7, 2012

SWEET TOOTH-BERRIES & YOGURT

I haven't been craving sweets recently, one of the many benefits of fasting.  And anyone who knows me knows how much I LOVE sweets, especially chocolate.  But since I've been on a quest to lose weight (2012-The Year of the Baby) I'm trying to find other alternatives to sooth my sweet tooth.  My husband and I recently seen a desert recipe that involved fresh fruit and yogurt.  We tried our own version and it was soooo good I wanted to share it with you.

You only need four ingredients, many of which you probably already have.
*Blue Berries
*Strawberries
*Greek Yogurt
*Honey

Start off with 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt and 1 table spoon honey.  Mix both together.  I mixed according to taste.  Put berries in a (pretty) glass/bowl and then layer with the yogurt mix.  I did two layers. You can substitute the fruit for whatever your heart desires.  Eat immediately or chill in the fridge for later.  I hope this will satisfy your sweet tooth like it did mine.  Total cost of this decadent desert $5-8 (depending on where you buy the ingredients).  Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment