Apr 2, 2012

SETTING NEW STANDARDS

My wonderful husband LOVES kinky hair.  He even encourages me to rock my natural kinks.  I love the look of afros but I feel it's not the time in my life to go au natural.  I'm still young and want to continue to rock big, long hair while I can.  If you know me you know what I'm talking about (Chaka Chan/Diana Ross/Beyonce hair).  We are planning on starting a family soon.  I keep cringing at the though of having a little girl.  What am I going to do with her hair?  How will I be a good role model to her about the beauty of her hair when I have issues with my own hair?  These are some of the questions I ask myself.  I grew up in the 80's where mama's loved to perm their daughters hair and put them in weaves and braids at a very young age, now realizing that wasn't the best idea.  My husband came across this wonderful site (naturalgirlsunited.com) that sales barbies with ethnic hairstyles.   I wish I had this barbie growing up.  So when we start our family and if it's a little girl I will have to set new patterns and learning new ones along the way.  Did you have issues with your hair growing up?  Are you setting new patterns for yourself and your family?
Much Love & Fashion Fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment